Bio

My photo
I'm a fifty-something, happily married girl who met her goal of fit by 50 thereby enabling her continued enjoyment of life well into her next 50 years.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Advocate

The age old diet question "how are you doing it?" is a byproduct of my journey to Fit by 50. First, it's not easy, you have to set goals and work toward them each week. Notably, a complete lifestyle change in nutrition and exercise. I operate successfully when facts are presented and my nutritionist has been educating me for almost 36 weeks now on the physiology associated with food intake. It's really quite fascinating. All of her teachings are coming to a head with my recent use of My Fitness Pal (free app for iPhone and on your PC) which calculates calories, carbs, fat, and protein intake on a daily basis, as well as cardio activity and strength training, assuming an accurate diary is documented. From the information logged by me each day my nutritionist has been able to review my daily activity and nutrition and further educate me on "limits" and how/why the highs and lows of any of those 4 components can negatively affect my body. So now, armed with this information I can truly advocate this lifestyle change and share these same facts with anyone who indicates interest. Working with my Doctors Wellness team will undoubtedly be a high point in the memories of my life's journey - similar to teachers who had a huge impact on you while in school, and they very well may be responsible for extending my life and allowing me to enjoy the rest of the years of my life healthy and hopefully disease, cancer, and pharmaceutical free!

No comments:

Post a Comment