Bio

My photo
I'm a fifty-something, happily married girl who met her goal of fit by 50 thereby enabling her continued enjoyment of life well into her next 50 years.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Did I mention my son is getting married?

...and that I love his bride to be and her family.  She is wonderful and she makes my son happy so what more could a future mother-in-law want for her son.

While my son roams Key West doing only God knows what with his best buddies for his bachelor party, my future daughter-in-law's best friend and I are throwing her a bridal shower.  What fun it has been to work with her best friend and to put together little pieces and parts of the shower not knowing just how it will look until it's all put together.

This morning I have several little jobs to complete, well maybe not so little, as they involve decorating all of the vases we are for the lunch tables with lace-covered burlap and shiny green wired ribbon and flowers, ironing napkins, coming up with the "from Melissa's shower to yours" decoration to afix to the guests little takeaway gifts, shopping for the food, making the sangria and the vinaigrette's for the salad bar and I'm certain I'm leaving something off.

Went to her best friend's house last night and she has a table full of wonderfulness just waiting to be put together for a wonderful, happy gathering.  Is there a more wonderful time in the life of a daughter before the birth of children?  I think not!

So to all you moms-in-law or moms-in-law to be in the future remember you really are gaining another son or daughter so embrace them with all your heart because there's definitely room!

TGIF to all until next time - gotta run - lots to do!

CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment