Bio

My photo
I'm a fifty-something, happily married girl who met her goal of fit by 50 thereby enabling her continued enjoyment of life well into her next 50 years.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Carol Goes Tweet, Tweet, Tweet

Yep, I finally jumped on the Twitter train after how many years it's been on the planet?  So I'm a little slow to start.  However, as a result of researching on on the world wide web for work-related material this week I found out how important social media has been and is becoming in educating our children.  If I am to make a difference in this world I've got to get on the very bandwagon that could help make that change happen in South Carolina.

Never been to college - no problem - it appears to me there is digital media at your fingertip you may not even know exists.  For example, if you always wanted to know how to play the piano, go to YouTube and look up free piano lessons - viola - at your fingertips - a host of free video tutorials to choose from.  Music theory is your area of need - again - free content at your fingertips.  And not just the arts.  There's Kahn Academy, Discover Education, and I'm sure a host of others.  TED Talks is another form of education in that you get short perspectives on everything in life - IDEAS for change.

I digress - I'm going to be learning to tweet because it doesn't seem to be too simple at first glance.  I'm going to tweet those articles and things I'm finding on the WWW to others so they can experience the ah ha moment(s) I have this past week and use those moments to change the world or at least change themselves in way that will help themselves and others if they are so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment