Bio

My photo
I'm a fifty-something, happily married girl who met her goal of fit by 50 thereby enabling her continued enjoyment of life well into her next 50 years.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

WOW is all I can say!

I have to toot my horn for the final results of my 36-week "adventure" to Fit by 50 because it has been an uphill battle at times.

Here's a little chart I borrowed from a web site after looking up "18% body fat for women" which, by the way, is my new number as of last night's final 36-week "weigh in" with Tracy. I am so pumped about this number - don't care one bit about the weight associated with it - or the measurements - although all of those are now on the road to "acceptable" on my road trip to Fit by 50 as result of the body fat % number reduction from, drum roll, 33.5%. The chart below indicates that in 36 weeks of hard work and severe lifestyle changes I went from Obese to Athlete! Just proves you can do anything you put your mind to!

What should my body fat percentage be?

For Women

Essential Fat= 10-12%

Athletes= 14-20%

Fitness= 21-24%

Acceptable= 25-31%

Obese= 32% plus

No comments:

Post a Comment